Actos Lawsuit Bladder Cancer
If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, you may know that monitoring and taking care of your illness is essential for good health, but did you know that diabetes itself puts you at risk for more complications? If you were diagnosed with cancer after using this medication, please contact us for Actos lawsuit bladder cancer filing deadlines and a free no-obligation consultation.
Diabetes occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin, or the insulin produced does not work effectively to allow glucose into the cells. When this happens, the glucose remains in the bloodstream. High levels of glucose can damage small and large blood vessels throughout the body.
Complications for Diabetes
• High blood pressure occurs in 2 out of 3 adults who have diabetes. High blood pressure, or hypertension, occurs when the blood moves inside the blood vessels too forcefully, causing the heart to work harder.
• Because of the damage diabetes causes in the small blood vessels, people with diabetes often have an increased risk for eye problems. They are 40% more likely to develop glaucoma and 60% more likely to get cataracts than those without diabetes.
• The kidneys clean the blood in the body, filtering out wastes and keeping in useful protein and other substances. Too much blood sugar makes the kidneys work harder and eventually, they can work less efficiently. They no longer filter effectively, allowing the useful protein to leak out in the urine, and leading to the buildup of waste products in the body.
• Many people with diabetes know that they must be very aware of their feet. Because the high sugar levels in the blood can lead to damage to the blood vessels and nerves, a person with diabetes could lose sensitivity to feeling in the feet. A foot injury could occur, such as a small cut, and could go unnoticed and become infected.
• Hearing loss is yet another complication tied to diabetes because of the damage to the small nerves. Hearing loss is twice as common among diabetics as it is among those without the disease.
In addition to complications from diabetes itself, new reports show that diabetics may have even more complications from a medicine to treat the disease. A recent study linked Actos, a prescription medicine used to help control blood sugar, with an increased risk of bladder cancer. Several studies indicated that the longer Actos was used, the greater the risk of Actos bladder cancer side effects. As a result, several European countries have banned the use of Actos.
Nationwide Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit Help
Taking care of your diabetes is important to avoid complications and to ensure long-term health. If you have used Actos and have been diagnosed with bladder cancer, contact us today to discuss your legal options. There is a limited time to file an Actos lawsuit bladder cancer claim. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.