Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit
We are currently representing patients throughout the United States who have suffered Actos bladder cancer after being prescribed medication containing the drug pioglitazone and representing individuals diagnosed with cancer in filing an Actos bladder cancer lawsuit.
Recently the public has been informed that the drug Actos (also referred to by the generic name pioglitazone) which is used to help manage diabetes has been associated with an increased risk of developing bladder cancer in patients who use the medication for a period of time longer than one year.
In June 2011, the FDA announced an Actos bladder cancer link and higher risk for people prescribed the medicine for an extended period of time (over one year). It is estimated that over 2.3 million patients had an Actos diabetes prescription filled in 2010.
FDA Recommended Information for Patients:
• Patients taking medication that contains pioglitazone (Actos) may have an increased risk of developing bladder cancer
• Patients already undergoing bladder cancer treatment should not use pioglitazone
• Speak to your treating doctor as soon as possible if you are having any of the following symptoms while taking medications containing pioglitazone: blood in urine; pain during urination or urgent need to urnate; pain in the lower abdomen or back
• Review the medication labeling and packaging inserts included with your prescription which outlines the side effects and risks associated with pioglitazone
• Following the latest information on the Actos bladder cancer link you are encouraged to report any side effects experienced while using Actos to the Food and Drug Administration MedWatch program
Actos Bladder Cancer Lawsuit Help
We represent all patients suffering from Actos bladder cancer side effects and families of a loved one on a contingency basis which means that there are never any legal fees unless we win compensation in your case. For a free no-obligation consultation please call toll free or fill out our short online contact form and an attorney will contact you to answer any of your questions including the latest Actos bladder cancer lawsuit news and filing deadlines.